- With FAA Pilot License and Glider Rating
- With FAA Power Plane License and no Glider Rating
- With no or limited flying experience
- Are at least 16 years of age; and
- Have logged at least 10 hours of flight time in a glider and
that flight time must include at least 20 total glider flights;
- Have 2 hours of solo flight time in a glider; and
- Have passed the flight exam with a FAA Examiner.
- Glider Flying Handbook (FAA-H-833-13) (required)
- The current FAR/AIM (required)
- Beginning Gliding by Derek Piggott (excellent but not "required")
- Gliding Safety by Derek Piggott (excellent but not "required")
- Transition to Gliders by Bob Wander (For transition pilots)
Return to top.